If you’re looking for the best SAP POS to centralize your retail operations, you’re in the right place!
SAP is a leading ERP company that provides comprehensive solutions for managing various business processes. In 2023, there are over 25,900 worldwide companies using the ERP software and having recognized its values.
To sync all sales data in real time and streamline retail operations, businesses can integrate a POS system with SAP ERP. In this article, we’ll explore the 8 best POS systems for SAP ERP. These POS are highly recommended by retailers and Magestore experts who have used it to enhance their daily operations.
So, why wait? Let’s see who they are!
A quick comparison of the 8 best free and paid SAP POS Software
SAP Customer Checkout
GK POS SAP
6DX POS by Intellect Commerce
Retail Pro POS
Starting at $69/month
NCR Silver SAP POS
The basics of SAP ERP
SAP ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), developed by SAP SE, is a powerful software solution to control diverse business functions from a unified system. With SAP ERP, organizations can coordinate and effectively manage critical departments such as finance, manufacturing, human resources, supply chain, and services.
- Financial management: The ERP allows businesses to manage finances effectively, reduce errors, and make informed decisions with user-friendly tools for streamlined financial operations.
- Sales and customer management: With the support of SAP ERP, you can oversee the entire sales process and customer lifecycle, from initial contact to after-sales service and support, ensuring enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Purchasing and inventory control: The platform lets you optimize purchasing practices, control costs, and manage the complete order-to-pay cycle, including invoices, receipts, returns, and payments.
- Business intelligence: This feature helps businesses create timely and accurate reports based on company-wide data using intuitive analytics and reporting tools, enabling better decision-making.
- Analytics and reporting: SAP ERP empowers employees to make smart decisions faster by capturing critical information and making it instantly accessible across the organization.
- Industry-specific capabilities: This feature provides extensive industry-specific functionalities, best practices, and processes with tools designed to cater to the unique requirements of small and midsize businesses.
- Mobility: Access easily relevant business information anytime, anywhere through SAP Business One mobile app, enabling on-the-go management.
- In-memory platform: With SAP ERP, you can leverage embedded analytics and high-performance functionality powered by the SAP HANA database to work more efficiently than ever before.
8 best POS for SAP Business One in 2023
1. SAP Customer Checkout
SAP Customer Checkout is a versatile solution that caters to various retail scenarios, whether it’s a store, venue, shop, or catering business. It allows you to easily and efficiently manage your transactions, returns, discounts, vouchers, sets, generic articles, and customer data. Besides, the integration with SAP S/4HANA or other ERP systems provides real-time visibility into sales and stock data across multiple locations and channels, enabling you to make informed decisions promptly.
Moreover, this SAP POS solution offers flexibility and mobility by supporting various devices such as PCs, tablets, and smartphones. Therefore, you can access the system on the go and control operations from anywhere. And with its support for diverse sales channels, including online, offline, mobile, and click and collect, you can deliver a seamless and consistent customer experience across various touchpoints.
- Seamlessly integrate with SAP ERP, enabling real-time data exchange and ensuring transparency
- Streamline and automate the sales process, including transactions, returns, discounts, vouchers, sets, and customer data management
- Easily generate and print receipts, invoices, vouchers, labels, and reports according to your preferences and compliance requirements
- Run on various devices such as a PC, tablet, or smartphone and connect to Bluetooth or USB-compatible equipment
- Integrate diverse payment methods like cash, cards, mobile, and online payments with your accounting system
Custom pricing based on:
- Number of users
- Number of stores
- Features add-on
- Business size
The fee varies by different card types.
2. Magestore POS
Introducing Magestore POS — a powerful and user-friendly system that incorporates all the best features of Magento. With Magestore POS SAP integration, you can now benefit from real-time data synchronization to see how your business performs at any moment.
As a Magento-native system, Magestore POS enables you to maximize all the platform’s functionalities, streamline key operations such as sales, procurement, inventory, and customer loyalty programs, and harness the power of SAP ERP.
In addition, Magestore POS offers a suite of essential and live reports on store performance, inventory status, and employee productivity, giving you the insights to back your business decisions.
This SAP point of sale system accepts multiple payment methods and runs seamlessly on iPad and PC. All you have to do is connect Magestore POS with your existing system and start processing payments in seconds!
Moreover, its intuitive interface will save you hours of training, giving you more resources to focus on sales.
- Sync orders, customers, and product data immediately across all channels
- Centralize and manage your retail business from Magento backend with a unified database
- Control inventory, purchases, and orders with advanced management functions
- Offer reward points, store credits, and gift cards to enhance customer loyalty
- Run smoothly on PCs, Macs, iPads with a web browser
- Provide real-time reports on inventory, sales, and customers for better decision-making
- Allow cashiers to check the order history of all customers on the POS screen
- Securely accept credit and debit cards with popular payment terminals worldwide
- Securely store sensitive data with PCI compliance
- Work seamlessly even with low internet connections
Magestore POS customizes pricing based on:
- Business size
- Number of stores
- Support levels
0% of all gates
3. SAP Omnichannel POS by GK
SAP Omnichannel POS by GK is one of the best SAP retail POS software for maintaining an overview of your entire business and controlling it centrally. With its customizable platform, you can easily deploy the right business processes at the point of sale, while its open APIs allow for seamless integration with other software in your system. Whether you have a global business or operate locally, GK SAP POS can support your needs and reduce operating costs.
By deploying in the cloud, you can enjoy automatic updates, central specifications, and company-wide monitoring, all while cutting costs. Besides, its flexible rules-based configuration allows you to quickly stay agile and adapt to changes at the speed of business.
- Transmit real-time transactional data from the POS to SAP Customer Activity Repository for centralized customer management
- Personalize customer promotions and offers based on their preferences and buying behaviors
- Integrate order management, master data, and financials seamlessly with SAP S/4HANA Retail
- Enable customers to use their own mobile devices for scanning and payment
Custom quote based on:
- Number of stores
- Project complexity
- Specific requirements
- Addons features
4. 6DX POS
6DX from Intellect Commerce is another great choice if you’re finding an SAP POS for retail that prioritizes enhancing the customer experience. With its cloud-ready POS, you can enjoy fast checkouts, promotions, payments, CRM, coupons and vouchers, and loyalty programs in perfect harmony.
One of the key strengths of this 6DX POS is its composable and contextual MACH Tech, which can integrate seamlessly with your SAP Business One without any disruption, forming a solid foundation to build the best experiences.
- Offer various payment options, including cards, digital wallets, loyalty points, and more
- Provide insights into customers through integrated KYC, marketing campaigns, and analytics
- Build customer loyalty with the best deals, coupons, and vouchers
- Enhance the customer experience with personalized loyalty programs
Custom pricing based on your:
- Business size
- Number of stores
- Addons features
5. Retail Pro POS
Retail Pro is a robust retail management software platform for specialty stores. Its extensive features include POS, inventory management, promotions, customer management, back office functions, performance monitoring, and KPI reporting capabilities.
Thanks to Retail Pro POS, retailers can avoid data fragmentation and tailor the software to their precise workflow, branding, and business needs. The application program interface (API) in Retail Pro also facilitates the retail data sync with 3rd-party solutions such as SAP, CRM, HR systems, eCommerce sites, loyalty programs, RFID, and merchandising software.
Moreover, this SAP Hybris POS solution provides ad-hoc reporting capabilities with over 150 pre-built reporting templates, enabling retailers to monitor their performance and make informed decisions quickly.
- Integrate all retail technologies for seamless omnichannel operations
- Streamline IT management with one software for mPOS and fixed POS on various devices
- Easily manage complex tax scenarios with customizable settings
- Give real-time visibility into sales performance at all levels of business
- Help increase sales and customer loyalty with fully-integrated gift cards, certificates, and store credits
- No free plan
- License fee: $119/month/location
- Additional location: $99/month/each
>>You might like: Top 7 must-have Magento CRM tools and their best integrations in 2023
6. Lightspeed POS
Say goodbye to workarounds, distractions, and duplicated efforts! With this SAP enterprise POS from Lightspeed, you can propel your business forward while automating tasks and streamlining processes, allowing merchants to focus on what matters most.
Lightspeed’s inventory management tools are in sync, which means you can instantly sell across channels and manage everything from a single POS system. And with daily sales and payments captured for synchronization, all data is exported to an SAP invoice daily, saving you valuable time on manual data entry.
Furthermore, Lightspeed Payments provides your customers the flexibility they crave while protecting their data. Accept credit cards, offer one-click payments, and much more to enhance your customers’ shopping experience.
- Provide preset printable reports on profits, sales, and promotions
- Create, track, and print work/repair orders, claim checks, and service labels
- Manage employee time with a basic time clock feature
- Offer Mobile Tap for easy contactless payments on the go
- Track sales, refunds, and chargebacks with a complete transaction history
- Transfer inventory between multiple locations
- Track vendor sourcing, complete POs for multiple vendors, and manage orders
- No free plan
- Lean: $69/month
- Standard: $119/month
- Advanced: $199/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
2.6% + 10 cents
7. Square POS
With an affordable pricing plan structure for small businesses and startups, Square is a great option for those whose turnover varies from month to month.
Their wide range of features and hardware can be tailored to fit a variety of business types. The pricing is transparent, and the free plan is one of the most potent no-cost POS systems available.
Moreover, Square POS integrates with SAP ERP, giving you access to an all-in-one platform to run every aspect of your business. However, it’s important to note that Square may not be the ideal choice for businesses that require a highly specialized SAP POS system with advanced features. Additionally, if you’re a dedicated Windows user, the Square POS app won’t work with your device.
- Speed up your payment process with 4.2-second chip card processing
- Save time and eliminate errors with automatic tax calculation
- Simplify your shipping process by printing labels directly from the platform
- Provide easy access to your data from any device with cloud storage
- Expand your hardware options with compatibility for Bluetooth printers, cash drawers, and barcode scanners
- Customize your system with ease by seamlessly integrating 3rd-party apps and eCommerce solutions
- Free plan available
- Plus: $29+/month
- Premium: Custom pricing
- In-person transactions: 2.6% + 10 cents (2.5% + 10 cents with Retail Plus)
- Online transactions/invoices without a card on file: 2.9% + 30 cents (2.6% + 30 cents with Premium)
- Manually keyed transactions/card-on-file invoices: 3.5% + 15 cents
8. NCR Silver POS SAP
The last contender on our list is NCR Silver POS — a go-to choice for small, independent retailers seeking an SAP retail mobile POS. With its seamless SAP ERP POS integration, syncing product and sales data is a breeze. NCR Silver lets you sell your products from standard SAP POS touchscreen terminals, iPad, iPhone. The Online Back Office reports and dashboards provide a user-friendly interface to manage all sales data.
Additionally, with its mobility feature, you can collect payments at the table or even at the customer’s doorstep. The system tracks your sales and profitability while incorporating marketing efforts and social media tools to expand your business.
However, if you’re managing a restaurant, check out NCR’s sister software — Aloha NCR POS. This cloud-enabled restaurant management and POS platform allows you to focus on cooking delicious dishes instead of worrying about technology. The only downside is that Aloha POS is incompatible with Android, iPhone, and iPad.
- Efficiently manage transactions, including discounts, taxes, and gift cards
- Accept all major forms of payment, including cryptocurrency like Bitcoin
- Run the system smoothly on an iPad or other iOS devices with the option to use the Quantum system for Android
- Provide various reporting features and back-office data, including analytics for multiple stores from a single location
- Protect your data with cloud-based technology to prevent loss in the event of hardware malfunctions
- Free plan available
- Premium: $175/month
- Starter: 2.99% + $0.15
- Premium: 2.25% + $0.15
- Non-qualified transactions: 3.5% + $0.15
What is the best POS for SAP ERP?
When it comes to finding the best POS integrated to SAP, it depends on your business’s specific needs, budget, size, and preferences. Just take your time to review each option carefully to determine which one suits your business requirements best.
- If you’re a Magento merchant and after a comprehensive system with robust inventory tracking and real-time data sync, then Magestore POS is definitely worth considering. And SAP omnichannel POS by GK that integrates seamlessly with SAP Business One is also worth your investment.
- For a cloud-based solution that simplifies sales processes, 6DX POS is a great choice. Also, if you need advanced reporting capabilities, Retail Pro POS has you covered.
- And if you’re in the retail business, Lightspeed POS is a feature-rich platform that’s particularly well-suited for your needs. But in case you’re a small business or startup and need an affordability pricing plan, then you should call Square POS.
- Lastly, NCR SAP POS solution is an excellent option for a mobile solution that enables you to collect payments anywhere while tracking sales and profitability.
Thank you for reading! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us today to learn which SAP retail POS integration is right for you.
1. What does point of sale mean in SAP?
Point of sale in SAP refers to the software and hardware systems that process transactions, manage inventory, and record real-time sales data.
2. Does the SAP ERP have POS?
Yes, SAP ERP offers its own POS solution — SAP Customer Checkout. Consider the following factors before deciding to go with it:
- Cost considerations: The SAP POS pricing may be higher, particularly for smaller businesses with limited budgets. However, the investment can be justified by the robust features and capabilities it provides.
- Functional limitations: When integrated with SAP Business One, SAP Customer Checkout may have certain limitations when it comes to supporting the complete range of functionalities for sales orders and quotations. These limitations become apparent when transferring such orders or quotations from SAP Business One to SAP Customer Checkout.
- Batch or serial number limitations: This SAP for retail POS supports only one batch or serial number per sales item. If sales orders or quotations from SAP B1 include items with multiple serial or batch numbers, those additional numbers will be removed after the transfer to SAP Customer Checkout.
3. How to extract POS data from SAP?
To extract POS data from SAP, you can use the POS Inbound Processing Engine (PIPE) in the SAP Customer Activity Repository application. Essentially, PIPE collects and processes transactions posted from individual stores through transaction logs (TLOGs).
After PIPE receives the POS transaction data, it undergoes several processing activities, such as master data verification, sales auditing, and summary formation. Once the data is processed, it’s sent to follow-on applications and made available through virtual data models and SAP HANA views.
We recommend you read these two documents to understand how it works.
Based on SAP POS documentation, SAP Customer Checkout enables you to extract SAP POS data for the DSFinV-K interface. Simply follow these steps:
- Step 1: Ensure day-end closing has been completed in SAP Customer Checkout
- Step 2: Click on the magnifying glass icon in the screen’s upper right corner
- Step 3: Select the Day-end closing tab
- Step 4: Choose the relevant day-end closing
- Step 5: Click on “Generate DSFinV-K” to initiate the file generation process
- Step 6: The file download will begin automatically.
4. How to export/import data from Magestore Magento POS to SAP?
Since Magestore POS is native to Magento, it’ll automatically sync your data from all sales channels to the Magento backend and turn it into a central management dashboard. Once you integrate Magento with SAP, your data will seamlessly transfer between the two systems.
- To export POS data, log into your Magento backend. Go to the information you want to download on the admin bar, apply the necessary filters, and click Export.
- Import data from Magestore POS to SAP: If you don’t sync all POS data to SAP, you can manually import the needed data to the ERP system later. Here are the steps for data importing:
- Import data you want to sync to Magento using a .CSV file. Read more to import products in Magento 2.
- Transfer these data from Magento to SAP. This process is automated, so you don’t have to do anything.
Note: You must use Magento’s default templates to import data from SAP to Magento.
5. How much is SAP ERP?
SAP ERP offers 3 different solutions:
SAP Business One doesn’t provide pricing details on its website, and users need to request a quote. The cost of SAP B1 depends on edition, deployment option, number of users, and other factors.
SAP Business ByDesign is for midsize businesses. SAP Business ByDesign pricing depends on the number and type of users, the addons, and editions you choose.
- Self-Service User: $20/month
- Core User: $108/month
- Advanced User: $196/month
- Base Package: $1,646/month
- Additional country-specific version: $878/month
- Additional test tenant: $1,152/month
- Additional productive and test tenant: $1,290/month
SAP S/4HANA Cloud has two editions: public and private.
- The public edition is a cloud-based version of SAP S/4HANA that’s designed for new or existing customers who are ready to start fresh with a clean system and adopt SAP’s best practices.
- The private edition offers greater flexibility and functionality than the public edition. It’s designed for existing SAP ERP customers who want to move to the cloud without a complete process redesign.
The pricing for both editions isn’t disclosed. It follows a capacity unit (CU) model that enables customization of the services needed within the SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
To get started, you need to buy at least 600 CUs for a duration of 3 months minimum, priced at $0.75/CU/month (also €0.75/CU/month). Thus, the total will be $1,350 (not including tax).