The apparel sector offers so many opportunities for financial success. Zippia reports that the fashion business contributes 2% to the world’s GDP and is expanding at an ever-increasing rate. According to projections, the U.S. fashion market will expand by 18.4% from 2021 to 2022. As a result, many retailers want to do business in this sector, which considerably increases the demand for fashion business software. In which, POS system is a crucial part of an offline fashion or clothes store. There are many POS providers in the market so you have to consider carefully which one is the best for your business needs. This article will suggest you 7 best POS systems for clothing stores.
How to choose a suitable POS for your fashion business?
Each business has its unique requirements that must be taken into account. To choose the right POS for your needs, you must look into your business type and size, your budget, hardware needs, and other specialized functions such as mobility, self-serve checkout, or employee management tools. Different POS software will satisfy your specific needs. Here we can list the top POS software in 3 main types as follows:
Best all-rounder system with omnichannel selling
An all-in-one POS system comprises software and hardware peripherals from the same vendor. This type of POS is very convenient for retailers so they are becoming increasingly popular. Besides, some all-in-one POS systems employ omnichannel selling which enables you to manage your company’s operations across online and offline channels. To provide a consistent and seamless customer experience, your data should be synchronized and updated in real-time. The best retail software with the omnichannel selling feature that can be listed is Magestore fashion boutique POS system. Another option can be Shopify POS, which is also quite popular.
Best for a start-up business with ease of use
A startup business needs POS software that is not costly but provides enough basic features and is also easy to customize and integrate with other software during the growing process. Square is considered the best apparel software for small businesses. There are enough POS capabilities in Square’s free plan for small business owners to start selling with no overhead. This price model differs from that of many other POS suppliers, who bill by the register rather than by the location. Paying per location could aid merchants with numerous registers in controlling costs.
Best for big businesses with large warehouses
For a fashion business with a large warehouse and a wide range of stock, you have to consider the one with strong inventory and multi-warehouse management. Lightspeed can be considered the best inventory software at this point. Lightspeed Retail is renowned for its superior inventory management and multichannel selling capabilities, which make it ideal for quickly expanding businesses that need to keep track of big inventories and synchronize their online and offline transactions. You may establish purchase orders and complete them across numerous suppliers with Lightspeed’s special inventory tools.
7 best POS systems for clothing stores
A strong POS system has a significant impact on the success of a clothes store since it facilitates efficient sales and inventory control to help increase your profit margin. The top 7 best POS systems listed below are recommended as the best clothing store POS. We will go through their features, pros, and cons to see how they match your store’s needs.
Magestore boutique POS system
Magestore boutique POS system is among the best fashion business software in the market for Magento retailers. It owns many features needed for building a successful clothing store at a reasonable price.
- Omnichannel selling,
- Real-time data synchronization,
- Seamless integration with other Magento extensions,
- Offline payment mode,
- Flexible loyalty programs: promotion, reward points, gift cards, store credits,
- Able to integrate with various payment options,
- Utilize a flexible promotion strategy for a clothing store to reduce inventory and increase sales,
- Use your fashion boutique’s POS system to astonish customers with click and collect,
- Gain customers’ satisfaction with an easy in-store product return,
- Utilize centralized client data to tailor the customer experience,
- Highly configurable to your needs,
- Connect perfectly with Magento and its extensions,
- 90-day money-back for POS license,
- Unlimited users, locations, and devices,
- One-time payment.
- The system has many settings which can be complicated to set up and learn.
Lightspeed Retail, a cloud-based point-of-sale system for merchants, offers both the software and hardware a business owner needs to conduct transactions. Excellent inventory management features allow business owners to keep track of things across different locations, add product variations, and place orders for inventories using connected vendor catalogs.
- Inventory management,
- Reporting and analytics,
- Multi-store management,
- Integrated payment,
- Customer management,
- Onboarding and support.
- Robust inventory management,
- Customer service,
- High price,
- Require annual contract.
Founded in 2009, Square’s POS hardware and software are utilized by small enterprises, including restaurants and retail stores. Square is the most effective POS system for boutiques due to its flexibility and a range of pricing alternatives.
- Barcode scanning,
- Invoice and electronic gift card options,
- Instagram selling capabilities,
- View low and out-of-stock inventory,
- Sales reports,
- Time tracking,
- Timecard reporting.
- Robust free option for online sales,
- Easily track inventory,
- Able to integrate payment systems.
- Expensive processing fees for businesses with high volumes,
- The free option lacks advanced features,
- Extra fee for a loyalty program.
Shopify has offered effective online shopping services for eCommerce business owners to utilize and give a satisfying digital customer experience since 2004. It also provides the ideal POS for eCommerce because of its powerful virtual features.
Additionally, Shopify includes capabilities that seamlessly blend online and offline sales, such as the option for customers to return or pick up products they purchased from your online boutique in person (BOPIS).
- Order and product management,
- Customer profiles,
- Integrated credit card processing,
- Quick response (QR) codes,
- Custom discounts and discount codes.
- No extra transaction fees above interchange rates,
- Abandoned cart recovery comes with every plan,
- Plug-and-play hardware.
- Limited staff login, e.g. only 2 staff members can access the POS with the Basic plan,
- Inventory locations are limited.
Vend is a reputable supplier of POS systems that is user-friendly and adaptable to a variety of hardware. Vend is the best POS system for retail thanks to its sophisticated inventory management and analytics.
- Real-time inventory management,
- Unlimited products and employees,
- Customizable receipts for email or print,
- Total cash management,
- Inventory control levels,
- Easy-to-personalize reports,
- An easy-to-use mobile dashboard.
- No limits on products,
- Can work in offline mode (Limited functions),
- Simple interface.
- You must buy the upper plan to have comprehensive software,
- Costly when adding registers.
For omnichannel retailers, ConnectPOS is among the top cloud-based POS systems for boutiques. ConnectPOS, with its extensive feature set and flexibility, can meet the particular requirements and needs of all business kinds, particularly fashion and accessory firms. As your clothing store expands, this POS system is recommended as being user-friendly, effective, affordable, and simple to scale up.
- Fully automated synchronization, perform offline work
- Multi-warehouse management with real-time stock updates,
- Allow multiple payment methods: shop credits, gift cards, layaway, refunds, and exchanges,
- Pre and backorders,
- Team management: review performance data, assign various responsibilities, and grant access,
- Additional alternatives: self-checkout, click-and-collect.
- A complete solution with strong built-in features for inventory, order, and product management,
- Self-checkout solution: customers scan their QR code and get access to the
- ConnectPOS web app where they can browse for product details and complete transactions on their own.
- 24/7 support.
- Hidden pricing.
Revel may be tailored to meet almost any POS requirement in the retail industry, from integrated eCommerce to delivery management.
- Offline manner of payment,
- Easy to integrate with 3rd parties,
- Intelligent reports: labor versus sales, employee activity, etc.,
- Real-time inventory updates,
- Management and preparation of purchase orders,
- A programmable loyalty system,
- Access to open APIs (application programming interfaces),
- Individualized client service.
- Comprehensive reporting features,
- Powerful enough for stores with multiple locations,
- Packages created just for your business,
- Free API usage.
- Require long-term subscriptions,
- Expensive for small companies,
- Require minimum purchase of two terminals.
How much does a boutique POS system cost?
For businesses that only want a basic feature set and payment processing, a boutique POS system might cost as little as $0 per month with some open source POS software or as much as $299 per month. There are also affordable versions that can provide two registers for less than $100 per month. Popular POS systems normally provide a lot of price support for retailers so you should check carefully before employing one for your stores.
What is the best fashion business software?
The most important fashion business software is always considered POS. The best clothing store POS is not always the most expensive, it depends on your business needs. The 7 POS software above is considered among the best POS boutique system. Among these options, you can choose Magestore or Shopify POS if you require an all-in-one system with omnichannel selling or you may choose Square POS if your business is new and you don’t have much budget. In case you have a larger business with a larger warehouse, you can consider LightSpeed, etc. One vital aspect when choosing a POS system is the ability to scale and customize to your business needs when you grow.
How to keep track of boutique inventory?
Nowadays, POS software has become an essential part of any retail store. The majority of inventory processes are automated with POS support. As things are sold, your inventory is immediately adjusted. With tools like bulk importing and barcode scanning via your mobile devices, adding new goods is very simple. You may examine your current inventory levels and get an understanding of inventory trends by using the dashboard and automated inventory reports in your POS system.
In general, there are many good POS systems for boutiques in the market with different features and pricing support. Before opening a clothing store, you have to make your plan with clear business needs, budget, and target, and then choose the suitable apparel inventory software for your business. We hope that our suggestion for the 7 best POS systems for clothing stores can be a good reference for your future success. If you’ve got some ideas for your dream POS system, let’s talk with us to turn them into reality.
Best Retail POS System
Optimize your business operations with our complete POS for Magento
- Sell online or in your physical stores seamlessly with real-time data synchronization.
- Sell everywhere from one platform with desktop or iPad devices, even without internet connection.
- All data stay safely on your Magento website, and your POS doesn’t have to rely on third-party servers to work.