Magento 2 GDPR extensions are specialized software modules to help Magento businesses comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These extensions provide additional features to enhance customer data privacy, consent management, and compliance processes within the Magento 2 eCommerce ecosystem. But GDPR isn’t just about protecting customers. It also safeguards your store from penalties and lawsuits related to mishandling data.
That’s why we’re here to discuss the best GDPR extensions for Magento. And to determine the best wings, we’ve considered important criteria such as customer ratings, features, and thought leadership from Magento industry experts like Magestore.
So why wait? Jump in and see what these extensions offer!
A quick comparison table of the top 7 best Magento 2 GDPR extensions
Magento 2 Minimum Order Quantity by BSS Commerce
Request for Quote by FME
Magento 2 Product Question Extension by Landofcoder
Magento 2 Admin Shipping Method by BSS Commerce
Quick Order by SKU for Magento 2 Extension by Aheadworks
B2B Solution for Magento 2 from Mageplaza
B2B Signup for Magento 2 from Mageplaza
B2B Marketplace Solution from CedCommerce
What is GDPR extension for Magento 2?
GDPR extension for Magento 2 is a software addon, module, or plugin specifically designed to help Magento 2 stores comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It is a set of privacy and data protection regulations implemented by the European Union (EU).
Similar to PCI compliance, GDPR and PCI aim to protect the privacy and security of individuals’ data and prevent unauthorized access or use of their information.
GDPR extension for Magento 2 allows customers to:
- Request access, edit, or delete customer data stored by the store
- Download their personal and shopping data in a portable format
- Withdraw their consent for data processing or marketing purposes
- Anonymize their personal information, such as name, phone number, and payments
- Remove their default addresses separately
GDPR extension for Magento 2 also allows store owners to:
- Manage customers’ requests for data access, deletion, or anonymization
- Configure the settings for data retention, deletion, and anonymization
- Display a cookie consent notice on the store frontend
- Monitor and audit the actions related to GDPR compliance
- Send email notifications to customers and admins about GDPR-related events
7 best Magento 2 GDPR extensions
1. MageBees GDPR for Magento 2
Introducing one of the best Magento GDPR modules by MageBees, the only FREE GDPR solution on our list.
MageBees offers a powerful solution with their Magento 2 GDPR extension, providing you with a comprehensive toolset to:
- Ensure compliance with EU regulations
- Protect your customers’ privacy
- Safeguard your business from potential penalties arising from improper data processing
With this free Magento 2 GDPR extension, you can easily collect users’ consent for cookies and privacy policies, guaranteeing transparency and adherence to GDPR guidelines.
Moreover, MageBees empowers your customers to manage their data effortlessly. It allows them to anonymize or delete their personal information, ensuring complete control and peace of mind.
- Ensure compliance with the latest EU regulations for customer data safety and privacy
- Secure the necessary consents to prevent substantial penalties and legal disputes
- Provide options for customers to delete their accounts or anonymize their data
- Empower customers to manage their data effectively
- Customize cookie consent options as per your requirements
- License: Free
Additional services (optional):
- Installation: $39
- Design and configuration: $75
- Installation, design, and configuration: $99
- 6-month support: $39
- 1-year support: $69
Magento 2.1 – 2.3
2. Mageplaza GDPR for Magento 2
Mageplaza’s Magento GDPR extension serves the dual purpose of enhancing GDPR compliance and improving customer experience. It overcomes the limitations of the default Magento functionality by allowing your customers to delete their accounts and addresses swiftly. And it also enables them to download any associated information in just a minute.
One more standout feature of Mageplaza GDPR is the auto-delete account functionality, which automatically removes inactive accounts based on the admin-defined timeframes. This ensures streamlined data management and keeps your customer database up-to-date.
Additionally, Mageplaza GDPR provides cookie restriction and billing document management features. However, these are available exclusively in the Pro version.
- Provide API/GraphQL functionalities
- Permanently delete customer accounts for enhanced data privacy
- Altogether remove default addresses from customer records
- Implement Magento 2 GDPR Cookie restriction to ensure compliance with regulations
- Efficiently manage and update billing information
- Community: $79 first year
- Enterprise: $279 first year
- Community: $129 first year
- Enterprise: $329 first year
CE, EE, B2B, Cloud, Adobe Commerce 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x
3. Magento 2 GDPR Extension by Webkul
Ranked 3 on our list of the best Magento GDPR extensions is Webkul GDPR solution. This powerful extension ensures your online store always conforms with EU GDPR.
With the extension, your customers can easily manage their data by sending requests to delete or update information. And, of course, both store admins and customers will receive email notifications to stay informed about data-related actions.
Additionally, customers can conveniently view their data in PDF or HTML format. The extension also supports the display of cookie notices on all website pages, ensuring compliance with cookie consent requirements.
- Send email notifications to both the store admin and customers
- Provide customers with access to view their data in PDF or HTML format
- Display Magento 2 cookie notice on every page of the website
- Allow the admin to view a customer grid containing requests to update or delete account data
- Community: $99/lifetime
- Enterprise: $198/lifetime
- Enterprise Cloud: $198/lifetime
- Installation: $19.80
- 6-month support: $39.60
- 1-year support: $49.50
Magento 2.0.x – 2.4.x
4. Meetanshi Magento 2 GDPR
Moving to Meetanshi Magento GDPR extension, you gain a powerful solution that simplifies compliance with security standards and protects customer data. The extension allows you to create and manage privacy policies with different versions. It can also transparently collect and process customer consent.
No need to upgrade to a GDPR Pro plan like Mageplaza, you can still effortlessly manage various aspects, even billing information and cookie restrictions. It goes beyond by empowering your customers to modify or permanently delete their accounts as needed.
Besides, the admin backend provides a user-friendly “Manage Cookies” grid that puts you in full command of your website’s cookies. If required, you can easily add, delete, or edit cookies, applying mass actions to multiple cookies. By the way, Meetanshi also supports GDPR Magento 1 extension with just $89 for lifetime benefits.
- Allow the admin to monitor all privacy-related actions performed by customers
- Collect multiple cookies’ consents efficiently in one place
- Empower admin to create unlimited privacy policies based on business needs
- Keep customers informed about their data-related actions through email notifications
- Open Source: $109/lifetime
- Enterprise: $259/lifetime
- Enterprise Cloud: $259/lifetime
- Pro installation and configuration: $59
Magento 2.3.x – 2.4.x
=> You might like: 9 ultimate Magento live chat extensions for 2023 starting at $0
5. Mirasvit Magento 2 GDPR Compliance Extension
You can access consent withdrawals, data access requirements, and information about consent status, data, and time. Your customers can edit, delete, and anonymize their data through simple and clear account configurations, as mandated by the GDPR.
And like other Magento 2 GDPR modules, Mirasvit allows customers to download the data associated with their accounts conveniently. Moreover, what sets Mirasvit apart is its coverage of GDPR and CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), making it an advanced choice for merchants operating globally.
- Secure users’ consent across multiple pages
- Centralize access to all customer-accepted consent
- Empower customers to copy or permanently delete their data
- Provide customers with the ability to download their data in CSV format
- Community: $149/lifetime
- Enterprise: $298/lifetime
- Upgrades and support prolongation: $89
CE, EE 2.3.x – 2.4.6
6. Aheadworks GDPR for Magento 2
The GDPR extension helps you manage multiple data protection settings for your customers, but it can be challenging. However, with the Aheadworks GDPR extension, this becomes easier.
In addition to the ability to request, copy, and delete customer information like other contenders, this module provides advanced tracking options. You can track and export customer data with or without consent, monitor customer data access and removal requests, and export all request data.
Furthermore, this extension excels in handling changes to data protection terms. You can easily modify policies, erase content, and prompt customers to agree to new terms.
- Collect data protection policy consent during registration, checkout, and other relevant pages
- Enhance customer accounts to enable requests for personal data deletion or copying
- Allow customers to download their data in PDF or XML formats automatically
- Implement a customer verification mechanism to safeguard against fraudulent activities
- Utilize extension grids to segment customers based on their statuses and intentions
- Open Source:
- License (first payment): $169
- Regular payments: $9.99/month or $99.99/year
- License (first payment): $339
- Regular payments: $19.99/month or $199.99/year
- Open Source 2.4.4 – 2.4.6
- Commerce 2.4.4 – 2.4.6
7. Amasty GDPR Pro for Magento 2
The last contender on our best Magento 2 GDPR extension is Amasty GDPR. This is a noteworthy Magento GDPR plugin that competes effectively with the Aheadworks extension’s rich features. It covers essential customer rights such as information, deletion, access, erasure, contact with the data protection officer, and data export.
With Amasty GDPR, you gain comprehensive control over customer consents and requests through centralized management. The extension allows you to easily anonymize, delete, and download customer information from the admin panel. And your customers can also do these actions on the Magento storefront.
Amasty GDPR also lets you show consent and cookie information in user-friendly popups. Therefore, your customers don’t need to switch tabs or visit different pages to access the details.
- Obtain and record user consent on multiple pages
- Utilize an advanced popup to collect cookie consent
- Enable customers to manage their data within their accounts
- Store personal data securely in up-to-date documentation
- Enhance mobile performance by utilizing PWA addon
- Enjoy a Hyva-ready storefront for a seamless user experience
- Keep customers informed about their data actions using notifications from the Magento GDPR module
- Open Source: $259/year
- Enterprise: $559/year
- Enterprise Cloud: $859/year
- Updates and support prolongation: $159
Magento 2.4.6, 2.4.5-p2, 2.4.4-p3, 2.3.7-p4
=> Read more: 9 best Magento reporting extensions to boost your eCommerce sales
The bottom line
The 7 best Magento 2 GDPR extensions of 2023 provide valuable features and functionalities, allowing businesses to collect and manage customer data transparently, obtain necessary consent, and ensure proper handling of personal information. More importantly, these extensions are available at affordable prices, with some even offering free plans per year.
With the right GDPR extension, businesses can meet regulatory requirements and build customer trust and loyalty. If you have any questions or need assistance about this topic, feel free to contact us. Our team is here to help. Thank you for reading!
1. Is Magento GDPR compliant?
YES, Magento is GDPR compliant and has built-in features to meet GDPR requirements. However, businesses should use GDPR addons to enhance data protection and compliance efforts.
These GDPR extensions provide extra functionalities and customization options for Magento GDPR compliance. They also support other regional data protection laws.
2. Does GDPR apply to all cookies?
YES, according to GDPR, cookie IDs are classified as personal data. A cookie ID is a unique identifier in most cookies stored on a user’s browser. It helps websites remember individual users, preferences, and settings when revisiting the site.