1. Why should we use POS software?
POS software works as a bridge to connect your online and offline sales. Besides the ability to integrate with your eCommerce platform, it can link to your inventory management, purchasing management, accounting, customer service, etc. With an advanced POS system, you can enjoy correct and real-time data sync which helps you make informed decisions quickly and easily.
2. What are the 5 types of POS systems?
They are on-premise POS, cloud-based POS, web-based POS, mobile POS, and omnichannel POS. Learning about different types of POS helps you consider and choose the best POS type for your business.
3. What factors to consider when choosing a POS system for my business?
Ask yourself these questions before choosing the best-fit POS system for your business:
- Which must-have features do you need?
- Can the POS system be customized to add more features when you grow?
- How does the provider charge their POS solution?
- How do you pay for the POS solution?
4. What factors to consider when choosing an eCommerce platform for my brick-and-mortar business?
Review 7 following factors before choosing an eCommerce platform:
- Pricing vs. your budget
- Payment processing
- Integrations and apps
Explore these factors in detail: Key things to consider with an eCommerce platform
5. Can I transfer data from my old POS system to a new POS?
Yes, definitely. You can transfer your data from the old POS to the new one. One critical decision is to define which information to migrate to your new POS.
The most important POS data includes inventory, orders, customers, and purchasing.
6. What is eCommerce vs POS transaction?
eCommerce transactions are transactions of buying and selling products or services online via computers, mobiles, or other telecommunication devices and equipment.
POS transactions take place when customers make payments at a cash counter or online store in exchange for products or services.
7. What is POS integration API?
This is an API to integrate your point of sale with an eCommerce platform, marketplace, or other business software like ERP.
8. Can POS be integrated with ERP?
Yes, you can integrate your POS with ERP. A POS and ERP integration ensures all your business data is accurate and up to date. It helps reduce human error from manual data entry across your company and also eliminates delays in those updates.