For businesses and individuals who want to develop a long-term professional eCommerce site, you should think of Magento as a priority. Magento is the best open-source to build an online store. But the vital thing is it’s very professional and totally free.
You just need to understand a little English and technology is absolutely able to build yourself a “monumental” site with this open-source.
There are some basic features of Magento:
- Product management: with many images, optional comment reviews products, a favorites list, inventory.
- Category management: easy to find and select products by category
- Inventory management: management of products left in stock, import, export …
- Client account: account status, transaction history, preferred catalog, address, shopping cart …
- Customer service: enhance the features, customer contact form; the comprehensive follow-up, email service.
- Order Management
- Payments: Many payment methods such as credit card, PayPal, Authorize.net, Google Checkout, support for external payment modules like CyberSource, ePay, eWAY, and more.
- Search technology: fast, friendly, support search on Google SiteMap
- International support: multi-lingual and monetary
- Promotional and marketing tools: coupons, promotions, and more.
- Analyze and report: integrate with the Google Analytics service and provide multiple reports.
Omnichannel is the future of retail, so a lot of merchants select Magento for their website, and then use Magento POS for their brick-and-mortar stores. Thanks to that, they can sell and manage their business from a centralized system.
However, what makes Magento different from other platforms are: