1. How to enable one step checkout in Magento 2?
Once you’ve installed a one step checkout extension, follow these steps to enable it:
- Go to Stores > Settings > Configuration
- Look for the name of the installed extension
- Navigate to One Step Checkout > General Configuration
- In the “Enable One Step Checkout” field, select “Yes” to activate it.
2. How to create a custom step checkout in Magento 2?
To create a custom step checkout in Magento 2, follow these steps:
- Create a .js file that implements the view model for your custom step. Then, store this file in the <your_module_dir>/view/frontend/web/js/view directory.
- Create an .html template for your custom step. Store this file in the <your_module_dir>/view/frontend/web/template directory.
- Edit the <your_module_dir>/view/frontend/layout/checkout_index_index.xml file to add your custom step to the checkout page layout. Specify the component name, template, and sort order for your custom step.
3. How to optimize the checkout page Magento 2?
There are different ways to customize the checkout page, such as:
- Enable one page checkout or one step checkout
- Simplify the checkout form and remove unnecessary fields
- Allow customers to checkout as guests
- Add trust badges and secure payment methods
- Show delivery options and costs clearly
- Provide coupon codes and discount
- Add a progress bar or a summary of steps
- Make it friendly for mobile devices
- Display product images and details on the checkout page
- Add custom blocks or sections to the checkout page
4. How does Magento 2 checkout work?
Here’s the checkout process in Magento 2:
- Add product to the shopping cart and proceed to checkout
- Enter the shipping address and select a shipping method
- Select a payment method and provide payment details
- Review order details and confirm the purchase
- Lastly, receive an order confirmation email and be redirected to a thank you page.
In Magento 2, the checkout process utilizes Knockout JS components, which are rendered using the Knockout JS templating system. The relationship between these components, along with their parent-child structure, is defined in an XML file. This XML file can be extended or modified in your theme or module. You can also customize the checkout process further by using Magento 2 extensions or writing custom code based on your specific requirements.
5. How to enable Magento guest checkout?
Magento 2 guest checkout is a feature that allows customers to place orders without creating an account or logging in.
To enable guest checkout Magento 2, you can follow these steps:
- Go to your Magento 2 backend
- Navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration
- Click the Sales section and then the Checkout option
- Under Checkout Options, set Allow Guest Checkout to Yes
- Save the configuration