To do that, Magento offers a wide variety of flexible APIs (Application Programming Interface) to connect with most of the best popular ERP solutions, which can integrate perfectly no matter if your ERP system is customized or not. Using the API as a connection is like building a two-way street:
- Build a Magento extension
- Connect to the ERP via the API of that Magento extension
- Pull product data and push orders, customers details from Magento into ERP
- Then build an ERP extension
- Connect to Magento via the API of that extension
- Push product data and pull orders, customers details from the ERP back to Magento
The touchpoints of Magento ERP integration usually include product categories, category navigation, customer accounts, price lists, orders, shipments, and invoices, but can be different based on business type:
- Main touchpoints of Magento ERP integration for B2C websites:
- Sales orders
- Status updates
- Tracking numbers
- Main touchpoints of Magento ERP integration for B2B websites:
- Customers records
Based on these main touchpoints, the overall design features can go from complex to simple. Some ERP solutions are designed to be suitable for all kinds of SMEs while others only focus on a specific business size.
As a decision maker of your business, you may have a Magento website and need to select an ERP solution. It’s time to look at the top 7 ERP solutions that can integrate with Magento.