In modern inventory control systems, we can see a clear trending movement to web services, application-based development, and APIs enabled third-party application integrations. You can do more than just control your inventory by applying the following inventory-related functions to your business.
1. Internet of things integrations
IoT integration helps you manage the inventory smartly by bringing automation in all kinds like digital labeling of GPS, Bluetooth, and RFID.
- Automate tracking and reporting
- Improve security against theft and loss
- Keep a constant tab on assets, location, movement, and quantity
- Keep inventory level optimized by real-time inventory visibility
- Record details of the inventory automatically
2. Mobile support
The increasing trend of using mobile forces most inventory control software to turn into PWA websites or mobile applications. In that way, business people can monitor and manage data remotely without using a computer.