1. What is the target market for furniture?
Defining your target customers is important if you’re launching a new product or opening a new store. Here’re a few aspects to classify customer segments:
- Demographics: Individual customers (young couples, families with children, university students, people who just move homes, people with specific needs or interests, retirees, etc.) and business customers (based on the size of the office). For each segment, customers will have different criteria to make purchase decisions, for example, price, design, quality, comfortability, multi-purpose features, etc.
- Reasons to buy: to change old furniture, to furnish a new house, to buy a gift, to change the look of the home, to furnish an office or a commercial space, etc.
2. Is opening a furniture store profitable?
Furniture stores make a profit by purchasing products from a factory dealer at a wholesaler price point and selling them to customers with a higher markup. Most furniture stores have an 80% markup from their supplier’s price. If you can control your operating costs efficiently (such as marketing costs, rental costs, payroll, etc.), you can have a good profit margin selling furniture. Check this article on how to start a furniture business if you’re interested.
3. Why is furniture POS important?
Furniture businesses rely heavily on their logistics and customer service to close sales. Having a strong POS system will empower the company to automate many processes, such as handling the furniture supply chain, tracking inventory flow, managing sales, analyzing customers’ data, etc.
4. What are the features of a POS system for furniture businesses?
To streamline your business, you need a good-fit furniture POS system with customized features:
- Procure and control stock from different suppliers,
- Check real-time inventory level across channels,
- Manage product SKUs,
- Process payment smoothly in in-store POS,
- Fulfill online and offline orders,
- Manage customer data, their purchase history, store credit, etc.
- Create loyalty programs and referral programs.
5. What are the best furniture POS systems?
- Magestore POS,
- Connect POS,
- Lightspeed POS,
- Hike POS,
- Vend POS,
- Storis POS.