RMA is necessary because it’s the critical process involved in reverse logistics between sellers and buyers.
- Buyers have the chance to request a product exchange or refund if not satisfied with the delivered product.
- Sellers have the chance to correct any mistakes.
So, what is RMA for retail? Here are some reasons why you need an RMA for your retail.
1. Better return management
Some businesses allow customers to return products under any circumstances. However, most businesses don’t like these types of returns; they need to know the exact condition of the product so as not to fall prey to any fraudulent activities of customers.
Therefore, RMA systems can help to:
- Provide a portal where you can ask customers for clear pictures of the product to see if the product is in good condition for resale
- Claim the shipping partner for damages if the product is damaged on arrival
This RMA processing saves many eCommerce sellers from being scammed and improves inventory management.
2. Fast return processing
Once you have received the returned item or you have accepted the return, you are required to refund the paid amount within the promised timeframe.
An effective return management authorization system will:
- Track each returned product
- Notify you of pending refunds to resolve the refund
Many return management systems with RMA processes allow merchants to immediately credit the customer’s account as soon as the return is approved, thus shortening the process.
3. Easy tracking of return status