Marketing and sales campaigns are only successful if you launch them at the right time. So, in addition to branded sales, here are the holidays that retailers can’t miss to boost sales.
Hot weather increases the demand for summer sports like swimming, cycling, running, trekking, roller skating. Therefore, summer is a good time for sportswear retail to:
- Increase sales of swimwear, water accessories, bicycles, and outdoor gears
- Discounts on previous collections
- Discard discontinued goods
2. Back to school
58% of online searches occur in September.
In the sports sector, back to school brings growth in sales due to:
- Children and youth buy sportswear to return to school for fitness classes and after-school activities.
- For adults, September is the time to return to gyms and sports centers.
So back to school is an attractive season to sell sports clothing and accessories for customers of all ages.
3. Winter and Christmas
56.2% of customers search online before purchasing Christmas.
Winter is associated with Christmas — the most remarkable sales season for manufacturers and retailers. Sports products are an increasingly popular Christmas gift.
In addition, more and more people continue to practice outdoor sports during winter. Therefore, the demand for cold-resistant clothing increases during these months.
4. Other noteworthy events for the sports sector