An omnichannel goal for better inventory visibility and customer experience across sales channels
Managing 9 physical stores is quite challenging in some aspects:
- Greg needs separate sales strategies for each store.
- Different store locations offer different products to match local demands.
- Different customer segmentations also need personalized promotions to keep them coming back.
Greg is using Magento 2.3 Open Source to build his eCommerce channel. The Magento website shares the same database with 9 outlets. Customers, whether buying online or at outlets, can find full information they need on the website. Inventory and promotion data needs to be organized well for customers to understand what Mr. Pet’s has and where.
To leverage customer experience, Greg also wants to optimize order fulfillment. In case a product runs out-of-stock, instead of turning down the customer and losing the sale, the cashier can still create the order and fulfill it later when the products are back in stock or by drop-shipping. This accounts for around 5% of his monthly sales orders.
Greg and his developer team were looking for an omnichannel Magento Point-of-sale (POS) system to maximize efficiency and provide their customers with the best experience. With his fast growth speed, the solution needs to be scalable and flexible to adapt to his new requirements.
Turns out, obtaining a scalable and customizable Magento POS system isn’t easy. Greg’s experience with some other POS systems didn’t go well, even with a popular one like Microsoft Dynamic. Mr. Pet’s encounters such unsolved issues as the following:
- delay in syncing data between Magento system and POS;
- incorrect product information leading to the lack of inventory visibility;
- unable to customize the solution and meet the business’s special needs.