Allow me to share your steps that you will adhere to in this Must-watch Custom options for Bundle product in Magento 2:
- Step 1: You must choose the Ship Bundle Item Option, it can be Separately or Together.
- Step 2: Click on Creat New Option.
Bundle Product is one of the six default product types in Magento, the same in Magento 2. It is also one of the most complicated product types in configuration. Different from other Magento 2 product types like Simple or Configurable product, Bundle product has its own custom options. And online store-owner really need to take time to learn about those custom options. It will be really helpful in case you want to add or create a Magento 2 Bundle product.
What is bundle product in Magento 2?
Bundle definition is “Build your own”. A bundle product is the product type that let customers “build their own” from an assortment of options. The bundle could be a gift basket, computer, or anything else that can be customized. In Magento 2, each bundle item is a separate, standalone product and can be based on 2 types of product: Simple product and Virtual Product.
Custom options for Bundle product in Magento 2
You can learn how to create and add Bundle product in Magento 2 from this link, it have nothing different from creating Simple Product: How to create Simple product in Magento 2?
Then, at the bottom of Product detail section, you can see the Bundle Item Section, expand it.
This is where you configure all the custom options for Bundle product in Magento 2. Let start!
Step 1: You must choose the Ship Bundle Item Option, it can be Separately or Together.
Step 2: Click on Creat New Option.
Here you enter the Bundle Option Title to be used as field label. Then you can set Input Type to one of these options:
- Drop-down: It means you can display a drop-down list of options with the product name and price. Only one item can be selected.
- Radio buttons: At this option, it allows you to display a radio button for each option, followed by the product name and price. Only one item can be selected.
- Checkbox: Instead of the radio button, this option displays a check box for each option, followed by the product name and price. Multiple items can be selected.
- Multiple Select: This allows you to select multiple Bundle Item, it displays a list of options with the product name and price and to select multiple items, hold down the Ctrl (or Option) key, and click each item.
Note: To make the field a required entry, mark the Required checkbox, right next to the Input Type Section.
After you finish those configurations, tap Add Products to Option. A new page will appear and you need to mark the checkbox of each product that you want to include in this option. If there are many products, use the list filters and pagination controls to find the products you need.
Tap Add Selected Products to continue. Then do the following:
- Choose one item to be the Default selection.
- In the Default Quantity column, enter the quantity of each item that is to be added to the bundle when a customer chooses the item.
The User Defined checkbox is used when you want to prevent customers from changing the quantity of any item. By default, the quantity of all items can be changed.
And that is how you configure the custom options for a Bundle product. Repeat these steps to add as many options as needed in the bundle product. And to remove, there is a small Del Icon next to Bundle Item.
I think that is all the process and the note to create and add a Bundle Product and everything about custom options in Magento 2 Bundle product. This is really helpful kind of product types, it helps you to optimize your creation by combining the product in your store into one new product. Therefore, learn Bundle product definition and to manage its custom options one of the tasks for all Magento 2 store owners.
Thank for reading my post.
Your Magento website needs a powerful Magento ERP for stock control.
DON'T MISS THE CHANCE!