It’s great when you can start your own website on Magento 2 and it’s amazing that you get a lot of orders after that. However, a big number of orders may take you a lot of time to control, edit and manage them well. This is the reason why I write this post to help you manage orders status in Magento 2 more effective, save your time & effort to create more sales.
All orders in Magento 2 have an order status that is associated with a stage in the Magento 2 order processing workflow. The status of each order is shown in the Status column of the Orders grid. Your store has a set of predefined order status and order state settings. The order state describes the position of an order in the workflow.
You can see the admin menu of Magento 2 order status management of Magestore Magento 2 demo:
You can see that there is a column called Status showing the current status of orders in Magento 2, you may be familiar with Closed, Complete, Pending … so what do these order status mean?
- 1 1. Magento 2 order status types
- 2 2. Magento 2 order processing workflow
- 3 Get troubles with Abandoned Cart?
- 4 3. What is Magento 2 custom order status
- 5 4. How to add a Magento 2 custom order status
- 6 5. Assign Magento 2 order status to a state
- 7 6. Edit Magento 2 order status
- 8 7. Remove Magento 2 order status from an assigned state
1. Magento 2 order status types
By default, there are some Magento 2 order status types like this:
[table id=4 /]
2. Magento 2 order processing workflow
To understand how Magento order management works, you can see Magento workflow diagram below:
As you can see above, Magento 2 order processing is very logic and secure to help your tore manage order without making any bug.
Get troubles with Abandoned Cart?
Download Abandoned Cart Email Recovery Extension to analyze Abandoned Cart Rate and optimize Automated Recovery Email workflow.
3. What is Magento 2 custom order status
Yes, above are some Magento 2 default order status, so is there any kind of status besides those ? In addition to the preset Magento 2 order status settings, you actually can create a Magento 2 custom order status settings of your own, assign them to order states, and set a default order status for order states.
For example, you might need a custom order status for orders such as “packaging” or “backordered,” or for a status that is specific to your needs. You can create a descriptive name for the custom status, and assign it to the associated order state in the workflow.
Only default custom order status values are used in the order workflow. Custom status values that are not set as default can be used only in the comments section of the order.
4. How to add a Magento 2 custom order status
To create a Magento 2 custom order status, you need to follow these steps:
1. On the Admin sidebar, tap Stores. Then under Settings, choose Order Status.
2. In the upper-right corner, tap Create New Status.
You can see how I do it with Magestore Magento 2 demo:
3. Under Order Status Information section, do the following:a. Enter a Status Code for internal reference. The first character must be a letter (a-z), and
a. Enter a Status Code for internal reference. The first character must be a letter (a-z), and the rest can be any combination of letters and numbers (0-9). Use the underscore character instead of a space.
b. Enter a Status Label to identify the status setting in both the Admin and storefront.4. In the Store View Specific Labels section, enter any labels that are needed for different store
4. In the Store View Specific Labels section, enter any labels that are needed for different store views.5. When complete, tap Save
5. When complete, tap Save Status .
Done, you have finish adding Magento 2 custom status with 5 simple steps.
5. Assign Magento 2 order status to a state
Some people don’t know how to define the different with Magento 2 order status vs state, in this post , you will under stand clearly about it.
To assign Magento 2 order status to a state you can follow these steps:
1. On the Order Status page, tap Assign Status to State. Assign Status. You can see my screenshot below:
2. In the Assignment Information section, do the following:
a. Choose the Order Status that you want to assign. They are listed by status label.b. Set Order State to the place in the workflow where the order status belongs.
b. Set Order State to the place in the workflow where the order status belongs.
c. To make this status the default for the order state, mark the Use Order Status as Default checkbox.
d. To make this status visible from the storefront, mark the Visible On Storefront checkbox.
3. When complete, tap Save Status Assignment. Done! You have just assign Magento 2 order status successfully!
6. Edit Magento 2 order status
To edit Magento 2 existing order status, you can follow these steps;
1. In the Order Status grid , open the status record in edit mode.
2. Update the status settings as needed.
3. When complete, tap Save Status.
Finish, you have already edit Magento 2 order status successfully.
7. Remove Magento 2 order status from an assigned state
A status setting cannot be unassigned from a state if the status is currently in use. To remove Magento 2 order status from assigned state you can follow these steps:
1. In the Order Status grid, find the order status record to be unassigned.2. In the Action column on the far right of the row, tap the Unassign link.
2. In the Action column on the far right of the row, tap the Unassign link.A message appears at the top of the workspace that the order status has been unassigned.
A message appears at the top of the workspace that the order status has been unassigned. Although the order status label still appears in the list, it is no longer assigned to a state. Order status settings cannot be deleted.
Finish! Above is the ultimate guide of manage Magento 2 order status, I hope that now you can manage your store orders easier with my post. Comment here if you can’t do any step, I will come to help you.
Your Magento website needs a powerful Magento ERP for stock control.
DON'T MISS THE CHANCE!