- 1 Magento 2 Shipping Methods configuration
- 2 1.Magento 2 free shipping
- 3 2. Magento 2 Flat rate shipping
- 4 Get troubles with Abandoned Cart?
- 5 3. Magento 2 table rate shipping
- 6 4. Magento 2 Dimensional Weight
Magento 2 Shipping Methods configuration
By default in Magento 2, 4 shipping methods are supported:
- Free Shipping
- Flat Rate
- Table Rates
- Dimensional Weight
Is there any moment you wonder that how many Magento 2 shipping methods are available in Magento 2? You will understand all of the default shipping methods in Magento 2 easily with this post.
1.Magento 2 free shipping
With no doubt, Free shipping is one of the most effective promotion methods in every E-commerce business, you can easily do this by a Magento 2 free shipping rules, which is automatically set free shipping for a product if it meets the custom condition that you choose before. For example, you want to set a free shipping over $100, all customers who have orders more than $100 will get free shipping coupon immediately.
To setup Free shipping rules for your site, you need to follow these step:
|1||Configure free shipping rules|
Step 1: Configure free shipping rules
- To see the image above, you have to go to Store >> Configuration >> Sale >> Shipping Methods
- At Free Shipping menu, you fill in the information that Magento 2 required includes:
- Turn on Free shipping in Magento 2 by set Yes at Enable box.
- Fill in Title box
- Fill in Method name
- Set Minimum Order amount to get Free shipping
- Set Displayed error Message
- Choose a suitable value in Ship to Applicable Countries box. All Allowed Countries or Specific Countries
- In Show Method if Not Applicable you can choose 2 options: Yes or No
- Sort Order: This value is set for the position of Free shipping options in Magento 2 shipping methods list. You can choose 1, 2, 3..
- After finish all of above configuration, you can click Save config to apply your configuration with Magento 2 Free shipping.
Step 2: Configure carrier
- To configure carrier in Magento 2, you have to go to UPS section in Shipping method as the screenshot below:
- To complete Free Shipping for Magento 2, you need to configure UPS for your store, you can follow this:
- Go to UPS section in Shipping method menu, you need to set Free Method to Ground. You can set your store will offer Free shipping for customers if their total order over a specific value by Enable Free Shipping with Minimum Order Amount. Fill in the specific amount that you want such as $100, $200 … at Minimum Order Amount for Free Shipping.
- Hit Save Config to apply your configuration.
2. Magento 2 Flat rate shipping
- In Magento 2 flat rate shipping is a fixed option for customers, in this way, the charge can be predefined for each product or order. There are many store-owners use this shipping method because of the simple and useful benefit that it brings.
- Firstly, you go to Store >> Configuration >> Sale >> Shipping method >> Flat rate. You will see this:
You need to fill in needed information in all boxes like above. To configure Magento 2 flat rate shipping, you have to follow the instruction below:
- Set Enable to Yes
- Fill in Title for your Flat rate method
- Fill in Method Name
- Type: Choose which type of Flat rate shipping that you prefer: Per order/Per item
- Price: Fill in the price that customers have to pay for this kind of shipping method
- Calculate Handling Fee: You can calculate shipping fee with fixed amount or percent amount.
- Displayed Error Message: Customize your message to customers when something goes wrong.
- Ship to Applicable Countries: You can apply Magento 2 flat rate shipping for a specific country by using this option.
After finish, hit Save config button to apply your configuration for with Flat rate shipping in Magento 2.
Get troubles with Abandoned Cart?
Download Abandoned Cart Email Recovery Extension to analyze Abandoned Cart Rate and optimize Automated Recovery Email workflow.
3. Magento 2 table rate shipping
With Table rate shipping method in Magento 2, customers can have the smartest choice for their shipping option, based on data from many fields like Weight, Destination, Price …. When customers choose an option, your store will automatically estimate the shipping fee for their order.
There are 4 steps that you need to finish to set-up Magento 2 table rate shipping method.
|2||Build Table Rate Data|
|3||Import the Table Rate Data|
|4||Configure the Rates|
Step 1: Default Settings
- Firstly, we need to complete default setting for Table Rate, you can go to Table rate menu by following this path: Store >> Configuration >> Sale >> Shipping Methods >> Table rate.
- To configure Magento 2 table rate shipping you need to follow the below construction:
- Enable: Turn it to Yes
- Title: Fill in the title that you want
- Method Name: This config will define how it call in checkout page,
- Condition: In this box, you need to choose the formula that your store will use to calculate the shipping fee:
- Weight vs Destination
- Price vs Destination
- Number of item vs Destination
- Include Virtual Products in Price Calculation you should turn to Yes if your store has virtual product
- Calculate Handling Fee: You can set to fixed or percent
- Displayed Error Message: Customize your message to customers if there is any problem
- Ship to Applicable Countries: You can set table rate shipping method in Magento 2 to multiple countries by using this option, just choose which countries you want.
- Sort Order: Position of this option in the checkout page. You can set 0,1,2,3
When you finish everything, hit Save config button to apply your change with Magento 2 table rate shipping method.
Step 2: Build Table Rate Data
- In you admin view of Magento 2, you choose the Store view to where you want to apply these changes. You can see Import and Export were placed next to Use default buttons.
- We have to change the Condition here so we need to clear Use Default Checkbox, choose another option.
- Click Export CSV and download this file to your computer. Why do we need to download this file? We will edit the data inside it with our data. After finish editing data, save changes.
Step 3: Import the Table Rate Data
- In the previous step, you have to export and edit the data in Table Rate, now you need to Import it back to the server.
- Return to the Table Rates section of your store configuration.
2. In the upper-left corner, set Store View to the website where this method will be used.
3. Next to the Import field, tap Choose File. Select your completed tablerates.csv file, and import
- When complete, click Save Config.
Step 4: Configure the Rates
- To make sure that the table rate data is correct, go through the payment process with several different addresses to make sure the shipping and handling rates are calculated correctly.
4. Magento 2 Dimensional Weight
- With Magento 2 dimensional weight, customers have to pay for shipping based on their product’s space. What does it mean? It means that carriers will base on package volume of products – the amount of space that product takes in the stock of carrier. Now dimensional weight is quite popular because of there are many providers offer this such as:
- Above is the ultimate guide for setting up Magento 2 Shipping method, I hope that you guys can have a basic knowledge about configuration shipping as well as abilities to customize shipping rules in Magento 2. If you get any problem, feel free to comment here, I’ll come back soon and reply.
- Further more, creating a perfect shipping label also plays an important rule in making the entire shipping process easier and less painful, you can refer here about creating magento shipping label
Your Magento website needs a powerful Magento ERP for stock control.
DON'T MISS THE CHANCE!