- 1 Magento 2 Authorize.net
- 2 In this post, I will show you how to setup Magento 2 Authorize.net
What is Authorize.net with Magento 2? You have to know that now Magento 2 supports a lot of third party payment methods such as Paypal, Payoneer … but customers have to go directly to third party site to complete their payment. However, with Authorize.net – an onsite payment gateway for Magento 2, customers don’t have to leave our sites to finish their checkout like they did with Paypal, all of information and data will be transfer through a security gateway.
To configure Authorize.net for Magento 2, you need to follow 3 steps:
|1||Setup direct post for Authorize.net|
|2||Connect to Authorize.net account|
|3||Configure the system|
- In this step 1, you have to setup direct post for Authorize.net. You need to go to Payment method menu by following this path: Store >> Configuration >>Sale >> Payment Methods. To turn on Authorize.Net Direct Post you have to:
- At Enable box, set it to Yes
- At Payment Action you can choose which option that is suitable for you, here is the meaning of each option:
- Authorize Only: Funds on the customer’s card are authorized by Authorize.Net, and an order is created in your store’s Admin. You can later create an invoice and capture the funds.
- Authorize and Capture: Funds on the customer’s card are authorized and captured by Authorize.Net, and an order and invoice are created in your store’s Admin.
- Create a name for Title box that you want but ensure that that name will remind you about this option.
- As you can see in the screenshot above, you need to fill in 2 information of your Authorize.net account:
- API Login ID
- Transaction Key
- In Merchant MD5 box, you need to fill in the data from your Authorize.net account at Account > Settings > Security Settings > MD5-Hash.
- In New order status box, you can choose one of 2 options here:
- Processed Ogone Payment
- As other payment gateways, with Authorize.net you also have right to test the performance first to see if there is any bug. You can test more than 1 time and turn it off when you sure that everything is ok and your system is ready for running.
- In Gateway URL box, you need to fill in the default link from Authorize.net, the default link is:
Step 3: Configure the system
- To configure Authorize.net gateway for Magento 2, you have to do these steps:
- Set up Accepted Currency to “US dollar“.
- To save messages transmitted between your store and the Authorize.Net Direct Post system, set Debug to “Yes.”
- With payment option, we have to configure:
|1||In the Credit Card Types list, select each credit card that is accepted in your store|
|2||To require customers to enter a card verification value (CVV), set Credit Card Verification to “Yes.”|
|3||With Payment from Applicable Countries you have 2 options|
|4||Enter the Minimum Order Total and Maximum Order Total for Direct Post transactions|
|5||Enter a Sort Order number to determine the position of Direct Post in the list of payment methods during checkout|
- In the Credit Card Types list, select each credit card that is accepted in your store.
- To require customers to enter a card verification value (CVV), set Credit Card Verification to “Yes.”
- With Payment from Applicable Countries you have 2 options:
- All Allowed Countries : Customers from all countries specified in your store configuration can use this payment method.
- Specific Countries: After choosing this option, the Payment from Specific Countries list appears. Select each country in the list where customers can make purchases from your store.
- Enter the Minimum Order Total and Maximum Order Total for Direct Post transactions. To qualify, the order total must exactly match the minimum or maximum threshold, or fall somewhere in between.
- Enter a Sort Order number to determine the position of Direct Post in the list of payment methods during checkout. (0 = first, 1 = second, 2 = third, and so on.)
- You hit Save Config button to save all of your configuration.
- Above is a simple guide about how to setup Magento 2 Authorize.net, I hope you guys can configure successfully this gate way to your store.
- Check our Magento module and Magento 2 modules now
We also contribute great content of Magento Download for FREE (all versions)
DON'T MISS THE CHANCE!