Here are the steps that you will follow in this How to create simple product in Magento 2?:
- Choose the Product Type is Simple product
- Choose the Product Template (Optional)
- Complete the Required Fields
- Complete the Remaining Simple Product Details
- Publish the Simple Product
- Final, Check your result by view the Product in Your Store
As you know, a simple product is a physical item with a single SKU. It has a variety of pricing and of input controls which make it possible to sell variations of the product. Simple products can be sold individually or as part of a grouped, configurable, or bundle product. A simple product with custom options is sometimes referred to as a composite product. Therefore, with the retailers, a simple product is the most used product type.
The first Magento version supplies you with its default Sample Data that contains some products. Thing is, they’re not of much use if you have some custom attributes added to your products, if you create your own attribute set, you must create it by programmatically. This is improved a lot in Magento 2. Each product types has enough attributes for its features, so you almost don’t need to use code to create product anymore.
How to create a simple product in Magento 2?
- At the Magento basic setting level, you can create a simple product using the default template in eyes blink. You need a little more time with the Magento advanced setting if you want to add your own templates.
- I will separate the process of creating a simple product in Magento 2 into 6 steps. Following exactly these steps, and you will get the product as you want.
Step 1: Choose the Product Type is Simple product
- This is the first step for anytime you want to add a product to your store. So, be familiar with it.
- After do all the login step, look at the admin sidebar, click Products. Then under Inventory, choose Catalog.
- In this page, you can see the in the upper-right corner on the Add Product, the icon Click on it and choose the Simple Product.
Step 2: Choose the Product Template (Optional)
In this step, you can do in one of two ways. Enter directly the name of the template that you want to choose in the sandbox or click in the list and choose the template that you want to use.
Step 3: Complete the Required Fields
This is the required section you must fill in:
- Product Name
- SKU, you can either use the default SKU that is based on the product name or enter another
- Product Price
Note: At this step, the product is not ready to publish on the website, remember to the Product Online switch to the “Off” position. After filling in the fields, tap Save.
Step 4: Complete the Remaining Simple Product Details
- This is the big steps, so take the attention here.
- Tax class: Depend on your kind of product, choose the Tax option is None or Taxable Good.
- Product Image: In case you want to set a product image, and I think absolutely you will do the following thing:
- Drag an image from your desktop, and drop it on the camera tile in the Images and Videos box. Or quicker, in the Images box, tap the camera tile, and navigate to the image file on your computer. Then, select the image, and tap Open. A placeholder appears until a product image is uploaded
- Quantity: Enter the quantity of the product that is currently in stock.
- Weight: Enter the weight of your product.
- Assign the product to a Category, you can type the category to find a match, then choose it.
- Or other ways, in case you don’t remember exactly the category, tap Show List to see the category tree. Then, drill down and tap each category that you want to assign to the product.
- If the category you want to assign does not exist yet, to add a new one. Tap New Category. Enter the Category Name and choose the Parent Category to determine its position in the menu structure. Then, tap Create Category.
- Description: Fill the product description that you want customers to see in this field.
Step 5: Publish the Simple Product
When you were done the configuration, set the Product Online switch to the “On” position. After that, save and close the menu.
Step 6: Final, Check your result by view the Product in Your Store
- In the upper-right corner of the Admin menu, choose Customer View.
- A simple product is the most popular of product types. Normally store owners have to add hundred of products, it is more necessary to be familiar with the way to create this kind of product in Magento 2. If you can do that, creating a simple product in a programmatical way is no longer necessary anymore. Hope my post can be helpful, thanks for
Hope my post can be helpful, thanks for reading.
Your Magento website needs a powerful Magento ERP for stock control.
DON'T MISS THE CHANCE!