In the previous posts, I have introduced you How to Create New Theme in Magento 2 and Magento 2 Theme – Create Sample Custom Theme in M2. Now, I will continue to show you the part 2 of this tutorial.
- After part 1, your module will have following files:
│ ├── etc/
│ │ ├── view.xml
│ ├── web/
│ │ ├── images
│ │ │ ├── logo.svg
│ ├── registration.php
│ ├── theme.xml
│ ├── composer.json
│ ├── media/
│ │ ├── preview.jpg
The default format and name of a logo image is logo.svg and the default format and name of the preview (in the admin) is preview.jpg. .When you put a logo.svg image in the conventional location, which is <theme_dir>/web/images directory and preview.jpg to the <theme_dir>/media, it is automatically recognized as theme logo and the preview image. It is displayed in your store page header once the theme is applied.
- After creating all of these files, please go to the console, Magento 2 root folder and type this command line:
- PHP bin/Magento setup:upgrade
- The theme will be installed. Then, please go to your admin page to apply the theme.
- To apply a theme:
- In Admin, go to CONTENT > Design > Configuration.
- In the configuration record corresponding to your store view, click Edit.
- On the Default Theme tab, in the Applied Theme drop-down, select Magestore SimpleTheme.
- Click Save.
- If caching is enabled, refresh the cache to make the change.
- To see your changes applied, reload the storefront pages.
The steps I mention above is the shortest process for you to Create New Theme in Magento 2 . With this guide, you can manage the New Theme in Magento 2 easily. Every store has a New Theme in Magento 2 with many attributes.
Thank you for reading this post and see you in other posts from Magestore!
We also contribute great content of Magento Download for FREE (all versions)
DON'T MISS THE CHANCE!