- 1 Magento 2 Paypal Setup
- 2 How to set up paypal payment method for your Magento 2 store
- 3 1.Require Paypal setting
- 4 Get troubles with Abandoned Cart?
- 5 2. Basic settings – Paypal payment advanced
- 6 3. Basic Settings – PayPal Express Checkout
- 7 Conclusion:
Magento 2 Paypal Setup
Yep, finally we go to the most interesting part of our Magento 2 tutorial, the tutorial with money and Paypal. 😀 In this post, I will show you how to configure Magento 2 Paypal in your Magento online shop.
Why we need to use paypal as a payment method in our site? Because paypal is the most famous and professional online payment service company in the world, and using Paypal for purchasing online is the most convenient way for customers. We spent a lot of time and effort on attracting them to our stores and of course we don’t want to leave them go because of they can’t pay for us to get their product right?
How to set up paypal payment method for your Magento 2 store
Before going to Magento 2 paypal setup tutorial, you need to have a paypal business account or a Magento payflow account. There are 3 plans for you to choose :
|1||PayPal Payments Advanced|
|2||PayPal Payments Pro|
|3||PayPal Payments Standard|
You can see bellow:
|1||Work on Paypal|
|2||Work on Magento 2 back-end|
Step1: Work on Paypal
- In Paypal business account, you need to go through this path:
- Firstly, In Paypal business account, you need to go through this path: Service Settings > Hosted Checkout Pages > Set Up Menu to configure:
- AVS: No
- CSC: No
- Enable Secure: Yes
- Click Save to apply your configuration.
- Secondly, if you want to customize the layout, you can click to Customize button on the top of page, then use Layout C before you hit Save and publish button.
- Thirdly, for the security problem, Paypal suggest us to make a new user in this case. So you can follow Paypal tutorial for creating a new user on your current account.
Step2: Work on Magento 2 back-end
- You need to go to Configuration menu ( Store>> Setting>> Configuration), there will be the second panel appear on the left of your screen, you scroll down your mouse and find Sale and then find Payment method.
- Now you can see that the first thing that you have to configure here is Merchant Country, you need to choose which country that your store is located in.
- Next, you need to expand Paypal All-in-one payment Solution to see this:
- If you want to set Paypal payment is a correct payment method in your store, click to Configure button under your plan. You will see there are 3 small menus that you have to configure are: Require paypal Setting, paypal Payments Advanced, Paypal Express checkout.
All of three kinds of methods above are similar in the configuration process, you can read bellow:
1.Require Paypal setting
We will start with Require Paypal setting in Magento 2, you can see here is the screenshot of what you will see:
- You need to fill in all of boxes, like Email Associated with Paypal Merchant account, your Partner name, Vendor Name, User , Password.
- If you want to make sure that everything must run well, you can choose Test Mode at Yes first, and then turn it to No when you are ready.
- About Proxy, if your system connect with Paypal through a proxy server, you should set Use Proxy at Yes. The system will ask you to configure an IP address for Proxy host and port number for Proxy Port.
- You have to turn on Enable This Solution by change the value to Yes. Customers will receive Paypal credit if you enable this function too.
Get troubles with Abandoned Cart?
Download Abandoned Cart Email Recovery Extension to analyze Abandoned Cart Rate and optimize Automated Recovery Email workflow.
2. Basic settings – Paypal payment advanced
This is the screenshot from Magento 2 back-end, you can see how Basic setting looks:
- You fill in Title box with Debit or Credit to understand Paypal advanced at checkout. With Sort Order option, you can set the order of this payment method when customers go to checkout page.
- With Payment Action, you can choose 2 options: Authorization and Sale. With Authorization mode, you agree with the order and receive money by agree manually in the back-end. With Sale mode, the system will automatically get money from clients account.
With Advanced Settings , you can see the detail screenshot here:
- At the bottom of the Basic Settings section, click to expand the Advanced Settings section. Then, complete the following as needed for your store:
- Set Payment Applicable From to one of the following:
- All Allowed Countries: Accepts payment from the countries already specified in your configuration.
- Specific Countries:Accepts payments from only the countries you specify. Hold the Ctrl key down and in the Payment Applicable From the list, click each country where you accept payment.
- Set Debug Mode to “Yes” to write communications with the payment system into the log file. The log file for PayPal Payments Advanced is: payments_payflow_advanced.log.
- To enable host authenticity verification, set Enable SSL verification to “Yes.”d. If you want the customer to be able to correct their entry of the three-digit CVV security code from the back of a credit
- If you want the customer to be able to correct their entry of the three-digit CVV security code from the back of a credit card , set CVV Entry is Editable to “Yes.”
- To require that customers enter a CVV code, set Require CVV Entry to “Yes.”f. To send a confirmation of the payment to the customer, set Send Email Confirmation to “Yes.”
- To send a confirmation of the payment to the customer, set Send Email Confirmation to “Yes.”g. To determine the method that is used to exchange information with the PayPal server during a transaction, set the URL method for Cancel URL and Return URL to one of the following:
- To determine the method that is used to exchange information with the PayPal server during a transaction, set the URL method for Cancel URL and Return URL to one of the following:
- GET: Retrieves information that is the result of a process. (This is the default method.)
- POST: Provides a block of data, such as data entered into a form, to a data handling process.
- The “Cancel” and “Return” URLs refer to the page where a customer returns after completing or canceling the payment part of the checkout process on the PayPal server.
- Complete the following as needed for your store:
- When everything is complete, click Save to apply.
1. Expand the Basic Settings – PayPal Express Checkout section. Then, do the following:
2. Enter a Title to identify this payment method during checkout. It is recommended to set the title to “PayPal” for each store view.
3. Enter a number in the Sort Order field to determine the sequence in which Express Checkout appears when listed with the other methods. Payment methods appear in ascending order based on the Sort Order value, with 0 at the top.
4. Set Payment Action to one of the following:
- Authorization Approves the purchase, but puts a hold on the funds. The amount is not withdrawn until it is “captured” by the merchant.
- Sale The amount of the purchase is authorized and immediately withdrawn from the customer’s account.
5. To display the “Check out with PayPal” button on the product page, set Display on Product Details Page to “Yes.”
1. Expand the Advanced Settings section. Then, do the following:
a. To make PayPal Express Checkout available from both the shopping cart and mini cart, set Display on Shopping Cart to “Yes.”
- Set Payment Applicable From to one of the following:
All Allowed Countries
- Accepts payment from the countries already specified in your configuration.
- Specific Countries
- Accepts payments from only the countries you specify. Hold the Ctrl key down and in the Payment Applicable From the list, click each country where you accept payment.
b. Set Debug Mode to “Yes” to write communications with the payment system into the log file.
In accordance with PCI Data Security Standards, credit card information is not recorded in the log file.
c. To enable host authenticity verification, set Enable SSL Verification to “Yes.”
d. To display a full summary of the customer’s order by line item from the PayPal site, set Transfer Cart Line Items to “Yes.”
e. To allow the customer to complete the transaction from the PayPal site without returning to your Magento store for Order Review, set Skip Order Review Step to “Yes.”
Click Save to apply all of your chances.
Done! Above are the ultimate guide that help you to configure Magento 2 paypal payment, I hope that you can apply Paypal as the main payment method to grow your store.
If you can’t do anything, feel free to comment here.
Ready to foster your knowledge
Is your site still a mess and Magento extensions are not enough to save your site? Save your site with Magento Web Development Services now