In this Tutorial, we will help you effectively use the Magento 2 CMS, all you will need is:
- Add a new Page
- Add a new Block
- Add a new Widget
With the Magento 2 CMS (Content Management System), we can create new pages, blocks, and widgets for your Magento 2 Store. To create custom static pages that display parts of your catalog or other useful customer information pages, you can easily combine those 3 factors.You can experience and be guided comfortably these 3 steps with our Magento 2 Demo here.With the Magento 2 CMS (Content Management System), we can create new pages, blocks, and widgets for your Magento 2 Store. To create custom static pages that display parts of your catalog or other useful customer information pages, you can easily combine those 3 factors.
Step 1: Add a new Page
- To create a new Page for your Magento 2 Store, you first need to login to your admin area and navigate to the Content>Pages section.
- You will see all pages of your Magento Store. Click on the Add New Page button.
- Here you can Name the page and set a custom URL for the New Page. You can also choose on which store it can be viewed and set its status enabled or disabled (this option will hidden this page).
- In Content tab you can add the heading for the page, the content and any widget you want to be displayed on.
- When you are ready with the configuration of the page, click Save Page to create it.
- Now you can add this new page on any other by using a new link widget.
For example, if you want to add this page as a link on the home page:
=> get into your Home Page’s edit menu
=> select the Content tab
=> click insert widget button.
After configured and inserted the widget, remember to save the page and refresh the page cache if necessary.
STEP 2 : Add a new Block
- When featuring Products on Home page, you can use Blocks to separate different categories.
- To create new Block, go to Content>Blocks.
- Add a new block by clicking on Add New Block button and configure the new elements.
- From the options you have configured, remember the identifier is the most important element as it can be used later for implementing this block into a page via the code of the page.
- When you are done with Config, click on the Save Block to create new Block.
STEP 3 : Add a new Widget
- To access the widget management page, please follow the path Content>Widgets from your administration dashboard.
- Click on the Add Widget to create a new one
- Select the type of widget and theme for it.
- Click the Continue button to go to the storefront settings.
- Here you can set the Title and Store View for the widget while the Type and Theme are locked and grayed out from editing.
- You can choose a layout for the widget as shown on the storefront.
And then we are done with the basic tutorial in using Magento 2 CMS. We really hope you find it is usefull and can now fully manage your Store’s content with it.
For more than 170 Tutorials written by our Experts, You can find it here.
Ready to foster your knowledge
Is your site still a mess and Magento extensions are not enough to save your site? Save your site with Magento Web Development Services now