Here is the ways that you’re going to follow within this How to set up Sitemap in Magento 2?:
- Set the Frequency and Priority of Content Updates
- Complete the Generation Settings
- Set the Sitemap File Limits
- Set the Search Engine Submission Settings
- 1 Set up Sitemap in Magento 2
- 2 Step 1: Set the Frequency and Priority of Content Updates
- 3 Step 2: Complete the Generation Settings
- 4 Step 3: Set the Sitemap File Limits
- 5 Step 4: Set the Search Engine Submission Settings
Set up Sitemap in Magento 2
It can be configured to index all pages, and even images, so it should be updated as frequently as the content on your site changes, which could be on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. The configuration lets you set the frequency and
priority for each type of content. So today, we will introduce to you how to configure Sitemap in Magento 2.
To configure Sitemap in Magento 2, we follow to the 4 steps process:
|1||Set the Frequency and Priority of Content Updates|
|2||Complete the Generation Settings|
|3||Set the Sitemap File Limits|
|4||Set the Search Engine Submission Settings|
Step 1: Set the Frequency and Priority of Content Updates
Firstly, on the Admin sidebar, tap Stores. Then choose Configuration and tap XML Sitemap in the panel on the left under Catalog.
- Expand the Categories Options section and set Frequency to one of the these: Always, Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly and Never. In the Priority field, enter a value between 0.0 and 1.0. Zero has the lowest priority.
- Click to expand the Products Options section. Then, complete the Frequency and Priority settings as needed. To determine the extent that images are included in the sitemap, set Add Images into Sitemap to one of the following: None, Base Only & All.
- Expand the CMS Pages Options section. Then, complete the Frequency and Priority settings as needed.
- When complete, tap Save Config.
Step 2: Complete the Generation Settings
- Set Start Time to the hour, minute and second that you want the sitemap to be updated
- Set Frequency to one of these: Daily. Weekly & Monthly.
- In the Error Email Recipient field, enter the email address of the person who is to receive notification if an error occurs during a sitemap update.
- Set Error Email Sender to the store contact who appears as the sender of the error notification.
- Set Error Email Template to the template used for the error notification.
Step 3: Set the Sitemap File Limits
- In the Maximum No of URLs per File field, enter the maximum number of URLs that can be included in the sitemap. By default, the limit is 50,000.
- In the Maximum File Size field, enter the largest size in bytes that is allocated for the sitemap. The default size is 10,485,760 bytes.
Expand the Search Engine Submission Settings section. If using a robots.txt file to provide instructions to search engines that crawl your site, set Enable Submission to Robots.txt to “Yes.” Then tap Save Config.
We also contribute great content of Magento Download for FREE (all versions)
DON'T MISS THE CHANCE!