Web POS for Magento 2 has been updated to the version 1.1.0 with multiple features, which help it run more smoothly and stably:
- Optimize loading speed, js, API
- Integrate with Gift Card, Store Credit & Reward Point
- Allow color swatch for products
- Enable/disable displaying products on Web POS screen
One of the most wanted functions in version 1.1.0 is the ability to integrate with Gift Card, Reward Point, and Store Credit. This article will walk you through how these updates can empower your retailer system.
Optimize loading speed, js, API
Our goal is always offering the fastest order process solution. In this version, you can add items to cart, estimate order total and place orders in 1 or 2 seconds. Js has been optimized to keep the system stable even there is no available connection, which means that sales staff can place orders smoothly without the internet.
We always pay attention to optimizing API. It takes less time to synchronize data between Magento backend and Web POS. All data in your Web POS screen is up-to-date.
- Customers can use gift code to purchase items via Web POS
- Used amount can be refunded to gift code balance
- Customers can use points to pay for orders via Web POS
- Customers can earn points when completing their purchases via Web POS
- Points can be automatically refunded to the customer’s balance when orders are canceled or refunded
- Point balance is shown in customer detail
- Point balance is shown on the receipt
- Customers can purchase Store Credit as a simple product via Web POS
- Customers can use Store Credit to buy other items via Web POS
- Orders can be refunded by Store Credit via Web POS
- Credit balance is shown in customer details
- Credit balance is shown on the report
Color Swatch for products
This feature is usually used for configurable products. Color Swatch visualize how a product will look like in different colors, patterns or designs. You are not limited to just colors, fabric and size, Color Swatch can work with all types of attributes. The product thumbnails, price, and product images are instantly changed depending on the selection. It optimizes order process by increasing consumer confidence in the appearance of items and reducing sales staff ability to pick wrong items.
Enable/disable displaying products
It allows choosing which products should appear on Web POS screen. You can configure this in specific products or mass-configure them in grid